January 12, 2024
- Residents and business owners are advised to disconnect outside water hoses, wrap/insulate or install electric “heat tape” to any exposed water lines.
- Dripping the faucets, opening restroom/ kitchen cabinets are techniques which help prevent freezing of lines, especially those along outside walls of a home or building.
- Bring your pets inside if possible or provide a heat lamp in their outside housing. The local hardware stores usually stock light bulb heat lamps, pipe wrap and electric heat tape.
- Check on the elderly to ensure they are prepared and keep in communication with them.
- For shelter information, visit the website for Hancock Emergency Management Agency (https://hancockcounty.ms.gov/163/Emergency-Management-Fire-Department)